Blizzard decided to break my build. Along with a lot of things. Take a gander over at this. I just can’t fathom some of these changes. In case you can’t view it:
1) Steady Shot – now only gains 10% of attack power as damage (down from 20%).
2) Volley – reduced the damage by about 30% for all ranks. Note that AE damage from many classes is very high right now and we are looking at all of them. Volley in particular had reached the point where some hunters were using it to the exclusion of most other attacks.
3) Readiness – no longer affects the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.
4) Deterrence – has been completely overhauled. It now allows you to deflect 100% of incoming melee or spell damage for 5 seconds, but prevents you from attacking while active. You still must be facing the attacker to deflect the damage (this is a limitation we are trying and might end up removing). 60 sec cooldown.
5) Kill Shot – cooldown reduced to 15 sec (from 35 sec).
6) Kindred Spirits – now only grants 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
7) Serpent’s Swiftness – now only grants 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack speed to pet.
8) All hunter pet abilities with a cooldown longer than 30 sec have been moved off the global cooldown.
9) Growl— threat generation increased by 20% (same for Voidwalker Torment).
10) Call of the Wild – now benefits only the hunter and his or her pet.
11) Rake and Scorpid Poison – slightly nerfed to bring them into line with other pet abilities.
12) Spirit Strike – reduced the period on the dot so it will work better with Longevity.
Improved Tracking – now benefits damage to all included creature types as long as you are tracking one of them. You don’t have to swap around what you are tracking as much.
13) Aspect of the Wild – now raid-wide.
Ouch. Very much ouch. Steady Shot got wrecked. Look at these numbers, for example. Currently my Steady Shot looks like this:
534+(3785*0.2+252)+46.5 = 1589.5
With the new change, it looks like this:
534+(3785*0.1+252)+46.5 = 1211
Which in turn results in a 24.9% reduction in Steady Shot damage for me. So when Steady Shot equates to 51% of my personal DPS (using our last Patchwerk as a number model) and then that gets nerfed by 25%, it hurts. It ends up being a total damage nerf of roughly 13-15%. That would have brought down my DPS on Patchwerk last week down quite a bit.
Of course this isn’t factoring in the Kindred Spirit nerf nor the Serpent’s Swiftness nerf, which in evitably bring down our DPS even more. So if nothing else changed from last week other than these changes, I would have been out of the top 10 DPS most likely. But those exact numbers will require a bit more modeling to get accurate. The best number modeling I can come up with messing around in Excel shows about a 700 DPS decrease without accurate damage reduction from my pet’s numbers due to Kindred Spirits, the Rake change, and of course, fewer Bestial Wraths.
All I can say is hopefully some of this is changed before it goes live.