Let’s just talk about a whole lot of random things today. No in-depth mechanics today.
First up, we need a Hunter. :) I have been told by the powers-that-be that they want a third Hunter to fill a back-up role or possibly start taking a third Hunter raid spot.
You don’t need to be Tier 6 geared, but somewhere around ZA with badge loot will suffice. Anything more is a bonus. And if you happen to frequent the blog, I don’t have to worry about wondering if you know what you’re doing. ;) Of course we’ll have a quick chat to make sure you know the stuff needed. Knowledge is important, loot is the easy part. :)
Our guild is still fairly new, being formed at the beginning of April. We are currently working on Illidan with our best attempt being 30%.
Our server is fairly huge. US Illidan has over 30 guilds that are working on Illidan or beyond, including a handful of guilds making progress in Sunwell including Blood Legion with Kil’jaeden dead and Team Ice working on him. Suffice to say that it is a very progressed server.
The guild itself is still essentially coming into its own. We have a very strong core group of players and our current recruitment is trying to get people to add to that group and round out our raid roster. If you are interested, send me an e-mail or post a comment here and we can talk. You can also visit us at http://www.lostsmolderthorn.com. I know, the URL just happened to be owned by some of the officers who used to be on Smolderthorn. :)
Dragonlord, a frequent reader, (Sorry I didn’t know all the funny marks) sent me a whisper yesterday while I was in Kara as he was killing Prince. He wanted to share that he was about to pick-up his Leggings of Pursuit. A big grats goes to him for picking up some nice loot!
Alternatively, the reason I was in Karazhan was to help my wife get the badges she needed to buy her main-hand fist weapon. Which she was able to do, as well as pick up some Tier 4 gloves to go with it, as well as the cloak off Prince. Her bracers however . . . shudder. Master Assassin’s Wristwraps are definitely the next purchase. She is rocking 201 hit rating so far. Not too shabby!
Out of curiosity, are any of yo people out there in the Rampage battlegroup? I have been queuing up for AV a lot lately and would interested in keeping an eye out for folks, whether it be Horde or Alliance. >;)
So the 2.4.3 patch notes have been released, and some of the changes were definitely not expected. View them here.
- Changing mounts to level 30? That’s a big change.
- Cheat Death, from the best I can tell, was nerfed for Rogues wearing PvE gear. The final line reads “The damage reduction will be four times the damage reduction resilience causes against critical strikes.” So if you have no Resilience on, the effect will be tiny, if at all.
- Growl: Pets will no longer generate additional threat from this ability based on attack power buffs cast on them. Attack power buffs on their master will still indirectly increase the threat generated by the pet’s Growl.
- Magister’s Terrace was nerfed. A few changes were made across the instance.
- Added the following macro commands: /targetenemyplayer, /targetfriendplayer. Awesome addition.
- Targeting using /target will prefer live targets over dead ones. This is friggin’ sweet too.
- Hunters: Using an instant ability after Steady Shot will no longer lock out auto shot. We shall see. We shall see.
And of course . . . .
Not a bad patch. Supposedly there is a 22 slot bag for sale as well, for like 1200g. Go go gold sinks before WotLK.
I pulled 2nd on DPS during our Illidari Council kill last night. Check it here.
That’s it for today! Kind of a random post, but my brain hurts. And my teeth hurt. I have a Wisdom Tooth cutting my gums in the back since I never need to have them out before. And it hurts!
Comments, questions, etc. Post ‘em!